Friday, October 25, 2013

Josh Hutcherson - Straight But Not Narrow

I love reading various websites and blogs and trying to keep up on things, because occasionally I come across a jewel like this one, something totally unexpected.  I love finding depth where I expected to find frivolity and superficiality.  Take this guy as an example.  Josh Hutcherson, "Peeta" of Hunger Games fame.  I liked the books and the movie and I'm looking forward to the next one, Catching Fire.  Normally, I follow some Jennifer Lawrence sites because she's hot and I have a little celeb crush thing going on (insert sheepish grin here).  I ran into this nice article on Josh and read it because it was a slow day.  Lo and behold!  Depth!

 The article is titled "Josh Hutcherson, Straight Talker" and the subtitle is "Josh Hutcherson on fame, is gay uncles' legacy and how the best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome".  OK, with those titles, I couldn't resist.  Oh, and it's in OUT Magazine.  Sweet.  Here's the link:


Here's the first paragraph that peaked my interest:

"He (Josh) definitely doesn’t understand judgmental attitudes toward gay people, which is why he cofounded Straight But Not Narrow, a youth organization that focuses on arming allied kids with the confidence and tools they need to speak out against homophobia. “Sometimes it’s frustrating to comprehend how people are not OK with it. If you can try to tell me how it’s hurting you, you’re crazy. You’re absolutely crazy. Like, what do you mean it’s not natural? Even if—even if, which, I disagree, but even if—why the fuck do you care?”

And here's the second paragraph:

"Hutcherson’s ready to pay it forward. “I have this dream that one day, my kid’s gonna come home from school and be like, ‘Dad, there’s this girl that I like, and there’s this guy that I like, and I don’t know which one I like more, and I don’t know what to do.’ And it’d just be a non-issue, like, ‘Which one is a good person? Which one makes you laugh more?’ ”  


OK!  I like the guy.  Here's the link to Straight But Not Narrow. 

http://www.straightbutnotnarrow.org

Every bit of ally support helps.  Thank you for being rather fantastic, Josh!










No comments:

Post a Comment