Thursday, August 22, 2013

Nimoy Prime




I have walked alone seeking answers
I have lived alone chasing dreams
I have tried to prove my worth to worthless judges
I have cried my pain in 
silent screams
I have been sometimes served a touch of kindness
I have wandered in golden fields of Grace
I have been released by honest laughter
I have touched the Western Wall of the Holy place.
I have soared alone above 
the cloud heads
I have walked the deep dark tunnels of earth
I have dines with mystics and with prophets
I have heard the pain of woman giving birth
I have been sought after as a teacher
I have been refused the laurel wreath
I have heard the thunder blast of sunrise
I have watched the final touch of death
I have played the rules set by the master
Though often I didn't understand the game
I have worn more masks than I can remember
I have been a face without a name
And when like you I ask the final question
Who on earth am I supposed to be
I always 
come full circle to the answer, me, only me...always me.
                                                                       - Leonard Nimoy

While doing research on Mr. Nimoy I came across this poem, and I just liked it.  It shows a side of this wonderful man that many people miss in the overwhelming shadow of the Spock persona that follows Mr. Nimoy everywhere.  Luckily for us all, there is much  more to this incredibly talented person than just his portrayal of one character.
Actor, director, poet, singer, songwriter and photographer.  Humanitarian.  Mentor.  That gorgeous and distinctive voice.  He keeps saying that he’s retiring, but doesn’t seem capable of staying away from cameos, interviews, voice overs, and narrations etc – thank goodness!  Don’t neglect to follow him on Twitter!
A favorite quote: “The miracle is this: the more we share the more we have.”  Isn’t that the truth?  One of the basic tenets of Trek is that we are better together than we are alone.  Works just as well in real life.  No one can do it alone.  We are hardwired for connection.
Thank you for all that you have done, and all that you are.  We have all been enriched by your presence here in this lifetime.  What an excellent thing to be able to say, we should all be so lucky to have people say that about each of us!  Prosperity and long life have already been yours – may happiness and joy follow you all the days of your life.
[KV note: it proved impossible to find some core source references and dates for Mr. Nimoy’s quotes.  They have been quoted and re-quoted for decades.]

Some Nimoy links for your edification:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPkByAkAdZs  Leonard Nimoy vs Zachary Quinto for Audi.  Best.  Advertisement.  Ever!

2 comments:

  1. you put that beautifully, he is such a special human bing. words cannot describe what I felt when I saw him on stage here in Germany some years ago. "My special hero" so close...and so different, yet also so close to "Mr. Spock" when he performed some "Alien Voices" for us, along with John deLancie. Magic hours!!
    I found this site a couple month ago.., it's a German site but in English :-), enjoy: http://www.leonardnimoy.de/
    LLAP, Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Sabine, you are so right. I'll check out that link!

    ReplyDelete